【 CONTENTS 】
- Great cityscapes of Tokyo in Autumn
- Lighting up autumn foliage, historical buildings, and gardens
- Find foliage in nature!
Look at the beautiful autumn photos and find your favorite sites to visit!
A map for the autumn foliage of Tokyo 2016 (below) will give you the locations. Please click on the numbers to get the address and access information.
Let’s explore the autumn trees in Tokyo!
Great cityscapes of Tokyo in Autumn
1. The breathtakingly beautiful Ginko tree street!
【The outer garden of the Meiji-jingu Shrine】
The outer garden of the Meiji-jingu Shrine
2. How did the Edo feudal loads entertain their eyes during autumn?
【A former feudal load’s garden, Hama-rikyu Gardens】
- Opening hours：9am-9pm (last admission 8:30pm)
- Admission fee：Adult 300yen
Lighting up autumn foliage, historical buildings, and gardens
3. This is beautiful harmony between historical buildings and foliage.
【Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum】
*The following photos were taken at past events.
Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum
- The Museum exhibits architectural structures were built from the 17th to early 20th centuries in Tokyo. Their light-up event of autumn foliage and buildings will be held from the 25th to 27th of November, 2016. During this period, the museum lights up their collections from 4:30pm – 8pm. There are some events where you can experience lightings using old world methods. See their link in below.
- http://www.tatemonoen.jp/event/info/2016/11.html(Japanese text only)
- Opening hours：9:30am – 8:00pm (last admission 7:30pm)
- Admission fee：Adult 400yen
4. The people living during the Edo period were unable to experience this kind of evening garden scenery.
【A former feudal load’s garden, Rikugien Gardens】
- The light up event, “Autumn foliage and the feudal load’s gardens”
- Date：November 19th – December 7th.
- Time： after sunset until 9pm
- Opening hours：9am – 9pm (Last admission 8.30pm)
- Admission fee：Adult 300yen
Find foliage in nature!
5. See the power of nature near the heart of Tokyo, Meguro!
【The Institute for Nature Study, National Museum of Nature and Science】
The Institute for Nature Study, National Museum of Nature and Science
- Opening hours：9:00am-4:30pm (last admission 4:00pm)
- Closing dates：Every Monday (Tuesday when holiday falls on Monday)
The day after a public holiday (except Saturday and Sunday)
- Admission fee： Adult 310yen
Tokyo’s most famous mountain, Mt Takao, is now in it’s prime. You can enjoy beautiful autumn scenery on the way to the top of the mountain.
Hope you are inspired to visit some of these places!
Several limited time special events are held. Please check their information before you go.
If you travel around the spot no.1/2/4/5, using an unlimited ride pass offered by Tokyo Metro will save your money. Find more details at http://tadaimajp.com/2016/09/the-tokyo-metro-24-hour-ticket/