【 CONTENTS 】
- Takizakura in Kami-senbon
- The Hanayagura-observatory in Kami-senbon
- Yoshino Mikumari Shrine in Oku-senbon
For details about Mt. Yoshino, go to the link below.
Mt.Yoshino in Nara is Japan’s best location for viewing cherry blossoms!You can enjoy 30,000 cherry blossom trees!
Takizakura in Kami-senbon
There’s a popular spot for viewing cherry blossoms at Kami-senbon!
When you come out of the tunnel near the Naka-senbon bus yard, you will find it!
It’s called Takizakura (滝桜= waterfall cherry blossom tree), because it looks like a flowing waterfall when you look up at it.
- Address：Yoshinoyama, Yoshino-city, Yoshino- district, Nara Prefecture
- Open：24 hours a day
- Entrance fee：Free
- Access：40 minutes on foot from the Shimo-senbon parking lot; 50 minutes on foot from the Kintetsu Yoshino station; 25 minutes by bus from the Kintetsu Yoshino station.
The Hanayagura-observatory in Kami-senbon
The Hanayagura-observatory is located at an altitude of around 600 meters.
The view from the observatory is indescribably beautiful!
You can see Naka-senbon, Kinpusenji Temple and Mt. Kongo (Kongo Mountains). They are all on the border of Nara and Osaka Prefectures, and can be seen from the observatory.
It’s also very beautiful when the petals begin to fall off the cherry blossom trees.
You can see a ‘rain’ of cherry blossom petals!
- Address：1711 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino-city, Yoshino- district, Nara Prefecture
- Opening：24 hours a day
- Entrance fee：Free
- Access：55 minutes on foot from the Shimo-senbon parking lot; 60 minutes on foot from the Kintetsu Yoshino station; 40 minutes by bus from the Kintetsu Yoshino station.
Yoshino Mikumari Shrine in Oku-senbon
The Yoshino Mikumari Shrine is dedicated to ameno-mikumari-ookami(天之水分神), a female Shinto god associated with water, fertility and safe birth.
Sacred Sites and Pilgrimage Routes in the Kii Mountain Range(紀伊山地の霊場と参詣道), which contains Yoshino Mikumari Shrine, were registered as UNESCO world heritage sites in 2004.
Please don’t miss Shidare-zakura(枝垂れ桜) in the shrine. It’s a very beautiful cherry blossom tree!
There’s also a shrine ritual held on April 3rd every year to pray for a large and successful harvest.
- Address：1612 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino-city, Yoshino- district, Nara Prefecture
- Open：8:00am – 4:00pm ( during April, 8:00am – 5:00pm )
- Entrance fee： Free
- Access：10 minutes on foot from the Yoshino Ōmune ropeway, Okusenbon exit