- 【Tokyo Taito-ward・Sumida River Fireworks Festival】Sat,July 29th
- 【Niigata Prefecture Nagaoka City・Nagaoka Fireworks Festival】Sat & Sun, August 2nd~ 3rd
- 【Yamagata Prefecture Tsuruoka City・Akagawa Fireworks Festival】Sat, August 19th
- 【Hyogo Prefecture Kobe City：Minato kobe Kaijou fireworks festival】Sat, August 5th
- 【Fukuoka Prefecture Kurume City: Chikugo River Fireworks Festival】Fri, August 5th
- 【Fukui Prefecture Tsuruga City: Torou Nagashi Fireworks Festival】Wed, August 16th
【Tokyo Taito-ward・Sumida River Fireworks Festival】Sat,July 29th
The Ryogoku fireworks festival started in 1733 and is the oldest fireworks festival in Japan. The festival has two venues. The first venue will have a fireworks competition and the second venue will launch about 22,000 fireworks! Every year about 950, 000 people attend this popular festival. One of the best places to go to get a good view is the famous landmark, Sky Tree.
Come and enjoy the vibrant fireworks in the night sky!
- Date and Time：July 29th 2017（Saturday）
※If the festival is cancelled due to bad weather, it will be held on Sunday July 30th and cancelled completely if both days have bad weather.
- Place：Sumida River
・First venue：Sakura Bridge downstream～kototoi bridge upstream
・Second venue：komagata bridge downstream～umaya bridge upstream
- Access：15min. walk from subway Asakusa Station（first venue）、5 min. walk from subway kuramae station（second venue）
- Number of fireworks：total of 22, 000 fireworks
- Paid seats：Available for details please go to the link below（※Apply by May 16th 2017）
- Web：Sumida River Fireworks Festival
Please check this article!
Get ready for the Sumida River Fireworks Festival!(Tokyo)【隅田川花火大会】
【Niigata Prefecture Nagaoka City・Nagaoka Fireworks Festival】Sat & Sun, August 2nd~ 3rd
The Nagaoka fireworks festival is launched with prayers, peace and rememberance.
Although it is a large fireworks display that seems to all be about glamour, the Nagaoka Festival originated from the “Nagaoka Revival Festival” held in memorial of the people who died in the Nagaoka air raid on August 1, 1954 and the reconstruction of Nagaoka. Therefore, the opening day of the big fireworks display is fixed on August 2nd and 3rd every year. There will be a showcase of different fireworks such as “Tenchijin Fireworks”, “the flower of the sky”, and the symbol of reconstruction, the “Phoenix” etc. About two thousand fireworks will color the night sky in two days, over the longest river in Japan called Shinano River! Do not miss this magnificent fireworks festival!
- Date and time：Saturday and Sunday August 2nd~ 3rd 2017
- Place：：Niigata Prefecture, Nagaoka city, Chousei Bridge downstream, Shinano River
- Access：30min. walk from JR Nagaoka station
- Number of fireworks：20, 000 in 2 days
- Paid seats：Available. Tickets can be purchased at the convenience store from May 7th to May 15th 2017. (Seven-eleven and Lawson)
・Nagaoka Fireworks ticket center TEL 0258-35-9244※For ticket information
please go to the website below
- Web：Nagaoka Fireworks Festival
【Yamagata Prefecture Tsuruoka City・Akagawa Fireworks Festival】Sat, August 19th
This is the nationwide design fireworks competition where top fireworks designers compete! The Akagawa fireworks festival is rated as one of the best fireworks festivals throughout the country!
- Date and time：Saturday August 19th, 2017
6:45pm～opening、7:15pm～launching starts、9:00pm ends
※will continue in light rain but cancelled due to severe weather
- Place：Yamagata Prefecture, Tsuruoka city, Akagawa riverside
- Access：3omin. Walk from JR Tsuruoka station
- Number of fireworks：Available. Sales start from July 7th, 2017 0:00PM
- Web：Akagawa Fireworks Festival(Japanese text only)
【Hyogo Prefecture Kobe City：Minato kobe Kaijou fireworks festival】Sat, August 5th
This fireworks festival has been established as Minato Kobe’s summer tradition. The beautiful night of Kobe city in the background is perfect for fireworks! It is said to be one of the most romantic views in western Japan. You should enjoy this beautiful sight with someone special!
- Date and Time：Saturday, August 5th, 2017
※event will be cancelled in light of severe weather
- Place：Kobe harbor front (minato)
- Access：20~30min. walk from「Kobe station」・「motomachi station」・「sannomiya station」
- Number of fireworks：15,000
- Paid seats：Available. Go to website below for details.
- Web：Minato kobe Kaijou fireworks festival(Japanese text only)
【Fukuoka Prefecture Kurume City: Chikugo River Fireworks Festival】Fri, August 5th
The largest fireworks festival in western Japan that launches about 18, 000 fireworks with an audience of 40-450 thousand people a year!
- Date and time：Friday, August 5th, 2017
- Place：Komorino, Sasayama, Tosu, Nagatoishi, Kyoumachi, Miyaki (upstream, total of 6 venues)
- Access：10min. walk from JR Kagoshima line Kurume station
- Number of fireworks：18,000
- Paid seats：Paid seats not available
【Fukui Prefecture Tsuruga City: Torou Nagashi Fireworks Festival】Wed, August 16th
Recognized as one of the most beautiful places in Japan, the red, blue, and yellow scenic spot of [Kehi no Matsubara] will launch 13,000 fireworks. The beautiful colors will reflect in the vast sea, creating a memorable scene.
- Date and Time：Wednesday, August 16th, 2017
6:30pm ~ Torou Nagashi,7:00pm ~ Fireworks Festival
※Will be cancelled due to severe weather
- Place： Kehi no Matsubara
- Access：40min. walk from JR Hokuriku line Tsuruga Station
- Number of fireworks：13,000
- Paid seats：Available. Sold as a set-plan with business hotels. For details, go to the link below.
- Web：Tsuruga tourism association
Make this summer memorable with the colorful night sky of Japan’s fireworks! Which one will you attend?
※changes to the schedule may happen.