A New Walking Tour for Foodies in Arakicho!
This is a tour held in Arakicho, Shinjuku Ward (3-mintue walk from Yotsuya-Sanchome metro station or 10-minute walk from Akebonobashi subway station).
Arakicho,still mostly unknown to foreign tourists, is a gourmet town enjoyed by Tokyo’s connoisseurs. Twenty years ago, Arakicho was home to a TV company and a radio station, and those who worked in those industries used to visit Arakicho for eating and drinking almost every night.
Eventually, the TV and radio stations moved to other parts of Tokyo, and Arakicho gradually became a quiet area. Despite that fact, over 300 restaurants and bars continue their businesses for regular customers. Now, Arakicho is a hidden gourmet town. (To learn more about Arakicho history, please click here.)
Tadaima Japan has opened a small Ryokan (inn) in this area and is starting a foodie walking tour. Working and living in Arakicho, we have built relationships with the owners of the local restaurants and bars. Many places are enthusiastic to share their wonderful dishes and cooking techniques.
So, Tadaima Japan is excited to organize a gourmet walking tour in this neighbourhood. The tour is designed for those who love eating, looking for local gourmet spots, and discovering authentic Japanese culture.
Contents of the Tour
● Tour starts at 4:30PM from Yotsuya-Sanchome metro station.
● The first stop is to enjoy a modern yet traditional tempura meal. You also will be served a sample sake set. Discover your favourite sake flavor.
● Next up is sushi. Enjoy watching the sushi chef’s techniques and tasting the result of his effort. In the middle of tour, you will walk down cozy alleys and visit a historical park.
● The third stop will be an izakaya where you may meet lots of Japanese salarymen. Drink and taste Japanese grilled skewers.
● The final spot of day is a “spiritual bar” where you will experience a new world! Join monks as they chant Buddhist scriptures. All you need is a drink to wash away negativity and be happy ????
● At 7:30pm, it’s the end of our tour but of course you are welcome to continue your exploration of Arakicho on your own.
Cancelation Policy: Free of charge 72 hours prior to the start of the tour. 72 hours – 24 hours prior: we will charge 50 % of the tour fee. We will fully charge for any cancellation within 24 hours of the tour.
TO MAKE A RESERVATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: Eat like a local in Arakicho tour reservation