- An award-winning display of holiday lights
- Your ticket to a winter wonderland
- Come for the lights and stay for the adventure
An award-winning display of holiday lights
One of the top three illumination displays in the Kanto region, Sagamiko Illumillion is a spectacular winter light display held in the mountain ranges just outside of Tokyo. All it takes is a 90-minute commute to transport yourself from the urban hustle and bustle of Tokyo to an otherworldly winter wonderland filled with over 6 million bulbs of light. The lights are on display annually, from early November through early April, which makes it easy to fit the Sagamiko Illumillion into your travel plans.
Your ticket to a winter wonderland
Perhaps the most challenging part of your journey to Sagamiko Pleasure Forest is figuring out how and where to buy tickets. First, let’s look at the two kinds of tickets that are available:
- – Night Free Pass (2,500 yen): an all-access ticket that gets you into the park, lets you view the lights, and grants you unlimited access to all of the park’s attractions from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- – Illumillion Ticket (1,000 yen): this simply covers the park entry fee and access to most of the light displays. You can still enjoy rides and attractions, however, you’ll have to pay for each one as you go (and possibly wait in additional lines to do so).
Even if you don’t plan on enjoying the park rides, I still recommend the Night Free Pass. Without it, even the iconic chairlift that will whisk you up to an illuminated mountain peak will cost extra.
Time is money (especially when standing in line to buy chairlift tickets on a cold winter night), and when you combine the price of the lift tickets and the extra time required to buy them, the Night Free Pass pays for itself. Besides, if you change your mind and decide to try an attraction or two, the deal gets even sweeter.
Whichever ticket you go for, I’d recommend coupling it with a chartered bus ticket via this package. This “Special Bus Set Ticket” is the best way to avoid the crowds and traffic jams associated with other transportation methods. You can purchase tickets online, at a convenience store, or on site.
Come for the lights and stay for the adventure
If you have extra time in your itinerary and love outdoor activities, consider spending an entire day (and night) at Sagamiko Pleasure Forest. Beyond hosting one of the country’s most famous illumination displays, the theme park grounds include cottages for overnight stays, barbeque grills, and a hot spring facility.
Illuminated nights and the great outdoors—however you decide to celebrate the holidays, you won’t regret taking a trip to Sagamiko Pleasure Forest.